Abels Surveyors will not provide your personal information to any third party for the purpose of direct marketing.
Abels Surveyors are committed to the protection of your privacy when visiting our website and the subsequent handling of your data. This policy sets out how we handle your personal information.
This web site contains links to third party web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, content or practices of third party web sites or any of the advice contained therein.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
1. In order to constantly improve the experience of visitors to our site we may collect anonymous information that will help us understand visitors’ browsing habits on our website. Compile statistical reports on website activity; e.g. number of visitors and the pages they visit, location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, time spent on the site, pages visited, and number of pages viewed.
2. Temporarily store any information which you may enter in tools, such as interactive forms on our website. In some cases, remember information about you when you visit our site. We may need to do this to provide some of our services.
3. Information relating to any transactions, purchases of goods or services or contracts entered into between you and us including your name, e-mail address, postal address, address of prospective property purchase and contact telephone numbers.
4. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our web site services, e-mail notifications and/or newsletters
5. Any other information that you choose to send to us.
Use of personal information
1. Administer the website
2. Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website:
3. Enable your use of the services available on the website:
4. Send you either virtual or physical goods purchased via the web site and supply to you purchases via the website:
5. Send statements and invoices to you and collect payments from you:
6. Send you general commercial communications:
7. Send you e-mail notifications which you have specifically requested:
8. Process any enquiries or complaints made by you about our site or services.
10. To the extent that we may be required to do so by law, we may disclose your information:
a. In connection with any legal proceedings or any prospective legal proceedings:
b. In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk):
c. To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling: and
d. To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Personal Information Security
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent a loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password and firewall protected servers. All sensitive electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Changes to your information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be amended.
Abels Surveyors 01453 883733
Highfield, Cirencester Road, Minchinhampton, Glos GL6 9EQ
Or email us by completing the form on the Contact Us page
You may instruct us to supply you with any personal information we hold about you free of charge, subject to reasonable conditions.
To protect you from unauthorised access to our data we will ask you to supply evidence of your identity in the form of a certified passport copy or driving license and a bank statement plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.